Top Articles

Tuesday 9 September 2014

DISCOVERING THE REAL YOU


“I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can’t find anybody who can tell what they want”
Mark Twain.

My question is, are you among the group of people who can’t tell what they want in life? If yes, then you are to go back to the drawing board and start all over again.  In my high school days, I encounter people who after graduation from high school never seem to know themselves (people that don't know who they are and their purpose on earth). The question that might be running through your mind is “why is it important to discover my real me?”
  
To discover you real self makes a person’s life easy, for the fact that you know yourself makes you work harder, makes you think harder, it makes you wonna achieve your set goals, it makes you happy and finally it makes you a better person in life. While in high school I would ask my colleagues and friends “who are you?” The funny thing is that many of them get easily offended, of course at first instance,  a person who doesn’t know him/herself  will get offended quickly, yea that’s human. Now am gonna ask you too the same question, “WHO ARE YOU?”

I have discovered that many don’t know who there are and the great things in which they are capable of achieving. Maybe you’ve never asked yourself this before or you might think you already know who you are. And if you don’t know who you are, you’re in trouble. Because you will spend your life in a kind of dream state, falsifying your identity as someone you are not, and to the level of living another man’s dream and life. So knowing who you are is very important. The question “WHO AM I?” Is not a joke or a tool for offending people, it a real life question. Nothing is more important and more relevant than to know who you are in this life.


SIX SIMPLE STEPS TO DISCOVERING THE REAL YOU

1.   Find a comfortable place, and intentionally dig into yourself. Make a list of thoughts, which will include the future. Honestly ask  yourself, in the next 5 years, what will I be? What can I do naturally and with pleasure?, What drives me most? What inspires me most?  What am I passionate about? Where will I be? What will I do? What potential to do I? How many lives will and can I impact with my potentials? Etc…… Write  down every good thought that comes your way, don’t judge it at face value  because nothing is impossible. You can achieve it if you want to. Note:  The time you spend doing this will save you years of purposeless living.

2.  Detach yourself from the situations around you look at it from the third person. There are so many things going on in the world today, think of it if you were to start all over again where will you fit the most, where will  you see yourself?

3.  Image of self: Many make the mistake of looking at their physical body to know who there are. Our body is like a container that contains our spirit and our soul,  our bodies is a means of expressing yourself and interacting with your physical environment, so it can’t be who you really are. In fact you’re more than that, who you are cannot be seen, smelt, heard, tasted or touched. We’re complex beings and we can’t be defined by things around us,  BUT BY THE THINGS WITHIN US.

4.  Values, principles and beliefs: WHAT ARE YOUR VALUES, PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS? In my early teens, I can remember having a little chat with my teacher that was based on principle, values and morality, and as the chat was going on he paused looking surprised at me and my brother  and said “at this age you guys have principles, values and beliefs. Amazing, amazing! Keep it up boys!” The right answer to this question above will be of great help to you.

5.  Ask others to describe you: But first brace yourself to hear and to know the  descriptions made about you, for it might be good or bad and also depending on who is describing you. You may think  it’s too far because you might get hurt. Yea what I do tell people is that,  let it be people that you trust and love and not any kind of person you see around. Doing this gives you the opportunity to know more about yourself and working towards improving where you’ve been slacking.

6.  Don’t ever limit yourself: you don’t know the capabilities within you that you might be destroying just because you’re limited, BE UNLIMITED - MINDED,  go on an adventure within you to EXPLORE, TAKE CHARGE, LEARN, AND DISCOVER MORE HIDDEN TREASURES WITHIN YOU. I tell you even the sky will not be your limit because at this point you’re UNSTOPPABLE, UNBREAKABLE, UNSHAEKABLE, UNLIMITED AND UNBENDABLE.

GO INTO THE WORLD OF YOUR POTENTIALS AND PROSPER, I SEE THE NEXT BILL GATE, BARRACK OBAMA, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE ETC IN YOU.  In fact begin to name all the successful people you know and be inspired by them!! THE GREATEST DISCOVERY YOU WILL EVER MAKE IS TO DISCOVER YOURSELF.
      

6 comments:

  1. God give me the grace to dicover more about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amaze me how some people live their lives without knowing who they are. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message, we really appreciate it.